Saturday, March 05, 2011

10 months

Did you know that cowboys ride dinosaurs? Well, this one does! I can't believe that my baby boy turned 10 months old in February. He's now 1 week away from 11 months... Each day brings more and more FUN with this "stinker."





He's definitely got his Mama's cheeks! Excuse the scratch under his right eye.
How can you not eat up this little cutie-pie?!?

He decided the "photo session" was done after a few minutes, shed his cowboy hat and dismounted his Dino, and then resumed his reading for the day :)

I think he enjoys turning the pages of books than actually "reading" them these days.

Here's what Will is up to at this point:

  • Pulling up on ANYTHING and cruising along furniture. He still prefers crawling if he needs to get to something quickly
  • Learning to sleep with his blanket instead of his pacifier. He's decided over the last several days that he just wants his favorite blanket with him when he's tired, so we are gradually phasing out the pacifier. We'll worry about phasing out the blanket later.
  • Saying "MaMa" a LOT (music to my ears!) His other two-syllable sounds are: Da-Da, Ba-Ba, Na-Na. He's only said Na-Na when Nudge is in the room, so I think He's talking to his puppy! He can "moo" and "hiss," but is not consistently relating those to cow or snake sounds when asked.
  • Growing like a weed!!! He's outgrowing his 12 month clothes and I've now had to stock his drawers and closet with 18 month sizes. Thus, he's...
  • Eating us out of house and home! He will try anything and LOVES the following: goldfish crackers, Cheerios, cereal bars, muffins, cheese, strawberries, bananas, applesauce, deli turkey, creamed corn, lima beans, Granny-Gran's fried chicken, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, grilled cheese sandwiches, banana bread, and the list goes on!
  • Drinking from his sippy cup. He has now mastered craning his neck and lifting his chin up to drink ALL of what's in his cup. I love watching him learn!
I hope you don't see this as me bragging, but I can't help but be proud of my growing boy!

Most importantly:

God is Good and has blessed Alan and me with a sick-free baby for almost 11 months.

Thanks for checking in...

1 comment:

nana said...

I beg to differ! Na-Na is my name, but I will share with Nudge if I have to :-) Love that little fella!