Saturday, November 06, 2010

Old picture, but current update :)

I have yet to post an actual bathtub picture, and thought this one was perfect. His pose has changed the rating from R to PG :) As his cousin Camden would say, you can't see his "this." Cousin Scott would say you can't see his "toe-ie." I think Will was about 4 or 5 months old when this was taken. He now can sit up in the big bathtub, but I still give him baths in this one because I can let him "play" in his bath while I'm busy doing something else in the next room. I still check on him every few minutes or when I don't hear any noises for at least 5 seconds! He is in constant motion and "talking" all the time, so it's easy to hear him splashing and squealing while in his bathtub.

As for an update on Will. We went to his 6 month Pediatrician appt on the 12th of October. He weighed in at 18 lbs, 4 oz and 27 inches in length. He is still 65-75%tile in his growth, but it's starting to slow down a bit.

He is:
- sitting up on his own to play
- rocking back and forth on his hands and knees ALL the time; I'm just waiting for him to start crawling
- "talking" and playing with Nudge more. He loves his puppy dog and Nudge always wants to be near him.
- eating table food! My boy loves to eat sweet potatoes, applesauce, cheese, rice, Nana's banana muffins, grapes, bananas, and he just tried some of Chappy's Deli maple turkey. I think he's gonna LOVE Thanksgiving! He will pretty much try anything and he still loves his baby food (thank goodness.)
- a little picky about his formula. A few days ago, I was beginning to get worried that Will wasn't drinking his formula anymore. He didn't get fussy, but would just drink maybe an ounce and then play with his bottle. After a few days of this, I decided to try heating his formula a little more to make it warmer. The first attempt was a success! He downed 6 ounces in just a few minutes. So, I thought about it for a little bit... and remembered that Nana always combines some hot water (for her cups of tea) and room temp water with Will's bottles= making nice warm formula for him to drink. She has made him rotten already :) Now, he won't take a bottle unless the temperature is to his liking! At least he is drinking it again!

I'm so thankful for Will. He has made this transition from stay-at-home mommy to full-time working mommy so easy! He has not suffered from teething nor has he made any type of sleeping routine a battle. I give ALL of the credit to God, because I don't know what I'm doing most of the time! He has made Alan and me so happy and we can't imagine our lives without him.

OK, my sappy moment is over. Thanks for checking in...

1 comment:

nana said...

I'll have banana muffins and a nice warm bottle waiting the next time you come to see me, Will :-)